The first chilly fall night comes, and your home’s furnace just stops working. Your family wakes up to a frigid and uncomfortable morning, and no one wants to wear their gloves and coat indoors. Who can you turn to for emergency furnace repairs? The answer is simple: turn to us.
Why Choose Us for Furnace Repair Service?
Our technicians charge per job, not per hour, so there’s no need to worry about overtime charges for emergency furnace repairs. Before we start working, we’ll explain the issue and review your options so you can make a more informed decision.
Every one of our employees is fully insured and licensed, and we service all major furnace brands. Because our work is guaranteed, you can be assured that we’ll do the job professionally and thoroughly the first time. With us, courteous, prompt, and reliable help is only a call away.
From scheduled maintenance to emergency furnace repairs, the team at Mister Quik is here to help your family stay comfortable this winter. Don’t let a failing furnace keep your home cold and uncomfortable. Call or click today to schedule an appointment.
Why Isn’t My Home’s Furnace Working?
Home heating equipment is complex, and when one part stops working, it affects the entire system. Mister Quik’s technicians will help customers get to the root of even the most complicated furnace issues. The most common reasons to call us for furnace repairs include:
- A heating unit that won’t switch on
- Odd noises coming from the unit during operation or startup
- A main burner that won’t light or stay lit
- The blower won’t turn on after the burner is lit
- A blower that stays on
If your home’s furnace is experiencing any of these symptoms, or if anything else is amiss, don’t delay. Call Mister Quik today for routine or emergency service.
Furnace Troubleshooting Tips
If your furnace won’t turn on, there are a few things you can check before calling us. In the section below, we’ve listed a few reasons for home furnace malfunctions.
- No power to the unit. If the furnace’s fan does not respond to a higher thermostat setting, it could be due to a tripped breaker, loose wiring, or a deactivated switch. More complex issues include troubles with the thermostat, transformer, run capacitor, blower motor, or control board. One of our technicians can perform diagnostic tests to determine the nature of the problem and devise a solution.
- A failing motor. Many times, a motor at risk of failure will make squealing or squeaking noises. Immediate professional attention is necessary to prevent a breakdown.
- No ignition. In a unit with spark ignition, a rapid clicking sound indicates that the burner is attempting to ignite. If it won’t ignite, the control board, the flue, or the limit controls may be to blame. Replacing or repairing these parts will likely resolve the issue.
- Main burner issues. A burner that will not stay lit is typically caused by a dirty flame sensor or a clogged condensate drain. If the unit’s burners will not light, there may be a problem with the gas supply. To rectify the problem, one of Mister Quik’s technicians will clean important components and make the appropriate adjustments.
- Problems with the motor or run capacitor. These issues cause the unit’s blower not to come on after the burners have been lit. While it’s easy to replace the capacitor, motor problems require more extensive troubleshooting.
- A clogged air filter. If the thermostat isn’t turned on—which keeps the unit’s blower motor running—a clogged filter may be at the root of the problem. Prolonged airflow problems may damage the unit’s limit switch, which senses the system’s internal temperature. A Mister Quik technician won’t just replace the limit switch, they’ll also find the reason for the problem. If the filter is the cause, they’ll show you how to change it.
No matter the cause of your furnace troubles, we can resolve them quickly and efficiently. Call us today to schedule routine maintenance or emergency service.
Call Mister Quik to Schedule a Routine or Emergency Furnace Repair Service Call
The team at Mister Quik is always available to help our Zionsville customers with furnace repair issues. There’s never a good time for a heating emergency, and these problems can happen even with well-maintained units. Most of the area’s homeowners don’t include heating system maintenance in their seasonal tasks, but we can help. Call or click today for more information on our furnace repair services.