Plumbing issues are not always obvious.
A lot can be going on with your plumbing which is not visible to the naked eye. A typical plumbing system in your home consists of a water line feeding into your house, and a large network of outgoing lines which tie into a centralized wastewater drain line, also known as your main drain or sewer line. When these lines are properly installed they should never fail. So what goes wrong?
Common Plumbing Problems:
- One of the leading causes of a backup is foreign objects. This can be anything from excessive tissue paper to your children sticking G.I. Joe’s into the toilet for an underwater scuba mission.
- Another common problem is tree roots that penetrate into the main drain. Once roots are in the main drain other materials are easily caught up in the plumbing system causing backups.
- Pipe misalignments can occur due to improper installation. This occurs when two sections of pipe were not properly joined together. Over time, this causes the two sections to separate.
- Pipe bellies are also a common occurrence. A pipe belly is typically caused when a proper bed of gravel has not been compacted and set underneath the pipes. This support is necessary to keep the pipes from shifting.
- Lastly, a poor choice of plumbing materials can lead to problems. Main drains are often built out of cast iron, clay, concrete, orangeburg, or thin-walled PVC. These materials begin to break down within 30 years.
- Most of these scenarios will eventually lead to a collapsed pipe, which causes the water to back up into your home.
Plumbing – Drains
We are currently running a drain cleaning special here at Mister Quik to assist our customers with these problems: $50 off drain clearing. Any drain, any time. Our plumbers will bring a drain machine out to your home to attempt to open your drain line by removing any obstructions in the line. If you are facing one of the more serious problems as described above, we can send one of our sewer replacement professionals out to your home to run a camera into your line so you can see first-hand what may be affecting your drainage.
If your drain line does need to be repaired or replaced, we have a dedicated team of professionals who specialize in excavation. Extreme care is taken to protect and preserve your landscape and property. At Mister Quik, we use Schedule 40 PVC for replacing main drains which is built to last forever. In fact, when we replace your sewer line you will automatically receive a 20 year warranty. If you are on the Mister Quik Home Partner Plan, your main drain replacement receives a lifetime warranty.
We also install an external cleanout into your line, which allows us to gain easier access to your main drain and open it up with far less trouble in the future. Our pricing is all agreed upon up front, so there are no surprises at the end. We have financing packages available within reach of every budget. Once your system is fixed, our team will leave your yard and property the way they found it.
If you have to pick up a gallon of Drain-O each time you grab groceries, and are used to taking a bath that is meant to be a shower, give our team of professionals a call today.
– Mike F., Plumbing Service Manager