Happy Fourth of July from Mister Quik! We love this holiday and all the fun that comes with it. Two things make Independence Day celebrations even better: grills and fireworks. Unfortunately, both of these are packed with dangers when used improperly. Mister Quik wishes you and your loved ones a great holiday weekend, and we want to share a few simple reminders for making it a safe weekend, too.
- For propane grills, make sure to inspect your tank for cracks, dents or gas leaks.
- If you cook with charcoal, don’t overdo it with lighter fluid, and never spray the fluid on burning or hot coals.
- Keep a fire extinguisher nearby at all times.
- Keep your grill out in the open and away from anything that can ignite, melt or burn.
- Supervise your grill, and keep pets and children away from it while in use.
- Always use a clean plate and utensils between handling raw meats and cooked meats.
- Never leave raw meat out at room temperature for more than two hours.
- Make sure raw meats and drippings don’t touch foods that are pre-cooked or ready to eat.
- Use a food thermometer to help indicate when meat is thoroughly cooked.
- Lower your chances of consuming potential carcinogens by not overcooking meats.
- Never allow small children to handle or light fireworks.
- Always keep a bucket of water or hose nearby for emergencies.
- Never attempt to relight a “dud” firework if it doesn’t go off the first time.
- Make sure the person lighting fireworks is a safe distance away from other people.
- Never throw, point or aim fireworks at people, animals or anything that could catch fire.
Millions of Americans enjoy fun and safe Fourth of July holidays every year, but thousands are also injured. Protect yourself and your loved ones by following these and other common sense tips. And please, never drink and drive.
We wish you all a wonderful Independence Day!