Routine maintenance is essential to ensure that the air conditioning unit is operating at peak performance. The entire system can be compromised if the servicing is not performed on time. Luckily scheduling these services is as easy as a phone call away. One of our experienced technicians can examine your unit for any potential problem areas, repair any issues that arise, perform cleaning, and ensure overall optimal performance. If you are unsure if your air conditioning unit should be checked, below is a list of regular service benefits.
Increasing the Lifespan of the System
The typical life expectancy of an air conditioner unit is ten years. However, if the unit is well-maintained, that span can increase to around 15 years. Neglecting proper maintenance will likely result in problems, decreasing the unit’s lifespan. Using professional technicians to perform regular service to the air conditioner unit will guarantee that it lasts many years.
To ensure that your system functions properly during the hot summer months, regular maintenance must be performed all year long. Numerous problems can occur that can result in decreased cool air output into your home. Examples of these problems include dust accumulation and fluid leaks. When these problems arise, they can quickly affect the reliability of your unit. Scheduling a routine tune-up will ensure that your AC will be in top-notch condition for hot Indianapolis summer days.
Increased the Performance and Efficiency
If there are undetected problems with your air conditioner, it can cause the unit to malfunction. Small problems can quickly compound, which can cause the AC unit to work harder to produce your desired temperature. The increased workload will cause stress on the unit, which can lead to more costly repairs and replacements. When unnecessary stress is put onto a system, it will cause excessive energy to be used, resulting in a rise in energy costs. Indianapolis residents should schedule AC tune-ups annually to avoid costly problems and increase system efficiency. This efficiency will, in turn, decrease utility bills.
Long Term Advantages
Investing in regular maintenance is encouraged to avoid serious problems from arising. This investment will ensure that your system is working correctly and reduce efficiency costs associated with the AC unit. Tune-up services are imperative to ensure your system is working at its maximum potential. The care you take now can safeguard against future repair costs, save energy, and increase the lifespan of your AC unit.
AC Tune-Up Expectations
While performing an AC tune-up, the technician will analyze the major components of the system. Once this analysis has taken place, the next step will be to clean the system. Professional technicians are trained and experienced in performing the required maintenance of these complex machines. The following is a brief list and descriptions of services that take place during a tune-up.
- Cleaning Condenser Coils. Condenser coils are made of copper and hold the refrigerant in liquid form. When they are not cleaned properly it causes the unit to work harder thus increasing the temperature. This cleaning process will prevent avoidable erosion of the system and is essential to ensure the utmost standard of efficiency.
- Thermostat Calibration. Calibrating the thermostat ensures accurate readings, which will increase the performance and reliability of the system.
- Electrical Connections. A technician will inspect the system for any electrical connection problems. Immediate repairs can be made on components requiring simple adjustments.
- Coolant Levels. When there are low coolant levels in your system, it will cause subpar performance. The deficiency could indicate a coolant leak and will need to be addressed immediately to avoid further issues.
- Duct Inspection. Clogged ducts will reduce system airflow. This airflow disruption will cause additional stress and prevent the system from reaching and maintaining your desired temperature. Clearing the ducts can help increase the ability of the system to cool your home efficiently.
Regular maintenance can prevent many issues from happening. However, if you notice problem areas in your system, you should immediately contact a technician. Strange sounds, unpleasant odor, frozen system, or inadequate cooling are all signs that there is a problem with your air conditioner.
There will be times when a simple adjustment can rectify the problem and reset the system into perfect working order. If commitment is made to regular AC tune-ups in Indianapolis, you can be sure that your unit will operate at maximum efficiency for years to come. For any questions regarding air conditioner tune-ups, feel free to contact the professional technicians at Mister Quik Home Services.