Our taps are probably the most convenient source of water for drinking, cooking, and cleaning. But they’re not always the cleanest or best-tasting source. Have you ever tried filtering your water? The results can be surprising. Filtered water, whether it comes from a pitcher in your fridge, or is connected directly to your home’s municipal water supply, is a healthy and safe way to enjoy delicious drinking water.
Filters of all kinds have many benefits in addition to water that tastes better. Mister Quik shares some reasons you should consider using a water filter.
- Contaminated drinking water is one of the easiest vectors for spreading disease.
- More than 2,000 contaminants may exist in drinking water that comes from a tap.
- Even at the city level, treatment facilities cannot guarantee to remove all contaminants from municipal water supplies.
- Bacterial outbreaks in municipally-treated water can and do occur on occasion, prompting citywide boil orders and other emergency actions.
- Bottled water is not an efficient or responsible alternative to unfiltered tap water.
- Clean drinking water free of impurities promotes healthy mental and physical development in children.
- Lead found in drinking water causes hundreds of thousands of learning disorders in U.S. children each year.
- Pregnant women who drink lead-contaminated water may put themselves and their babies at risk for birth defects.
Learn more about water quality and the risks that unclean water may have on those in your home, by visiting the EPA’s consumer information page here: http://water.epa.gov/drink/info/
Filters are helpful in removing impurities from water, but they are not the only way to enjoy healthier, better-tasting water. If you are concerned about the water coming from your home’s faucets, talk to Mister Quik for help. We offer a wide range of plumbing products and services that can make your system more efficient and better for the whole family. Give us a call, or schedule an in-home estimate or service right on our website.
Cheers to better drinking water, from Mister Quik!