Dehumidification Services & Contractors in Westfield, IN
Summer in Westfield encourages residents to relax, exercise, learn and seek adventure outdoors. Inviting weather is a welcome respite after a damp and overcast winter. But, summer weather brings its own trials, for these months mean high humidity. High humidity will reduce indoor air quality, induce ill health, and diminish your quality of life. High humidity may even affect the structural integrity of the home.
Homeowners desiring to beat that humidity turn to Mister Quik Home Services. Bring comfort back to the great indoors, day and night. Explore the benefits of whole-house dehumidifiers in Westfield today.
How Does Whole-House Dehumidification Work?
A whole-house dehumidifier uses a fan to pull humid, warm air over a cold coil, condensing the resulting moisture vapor into a liquid form that is drained off. Dehumidified air circulates within the home in the place of heavy, humid air. Residents are more comfortable and find it easier to breathe. The system automatically monitors and adjusts air moisture content.
But let Mister Quik professionals worry about mechanical details. Homeowners will immediately enjoy the benefits of drier, more comfortable air, knowing their indoor air is no longer a breeding ground for mold and allergens that undermine human health.
Advantages over Portable Dehumidifiers
Portable units may initially be less expensive but they have disadvantages. First, someone must carry them from room to room. Second, they do not provide a whole-house solution. Third, homeowners must empty portables, or use them in proximity to a drain. There is a more convenient and efficient alternative: whole-house dehumidification.
Advantages of Whole-House Dehumidifiers in Westfield
Whole-house dehumidifiers transform every room in your home, leading to more uniform, comfortable, and healthier air, and a healthier you. A whole-house dehumidifier provides these benefits.
- Reduce or Prevent Mold, Mildews, and Bacteria. Mold thrives on moisture, and high humidity indoors leads to the propagation of mold spores and the growth of mildew and bacteria. Science has associated mold with serious health problems. Mold can cause and exacerbate asthma, allergies, respiratory distress, and sinus infections. Molds may trigger even more serious medical issues. Because mold thrives in the damp and dark, homeowners can keep mold from gaining a foothold by reducing indoor humidity.
- Reduce Dust Mites and Other Infestations. Microscopic dust mites thrive in humid habitats and are a common cause of year-round allergies and asthma. Humid conditions attract many other undesirable insects. Maintaining a constant, low indoor humidity level creates a hostile environment for them.
- Maintain Structural Soundness. The skeleton, and much of the interior finish, of most homes, are created using wood, and excessive humidity may diminish the integrity of that wood. Wooden cabinetry, shelving, floors, windows, trim, doors, and furniture may warp from excess moisture.
- Enhance Your Quality of Life. Whole-house dehumidifiers will reduce or eliminate damp odors that cling to carpet, curtains, and linens. The home and everything inside will smell cleaner and fresher. Homeowners might use scents to enhance their quality of life rather than to mask unpleasant odors. Sleep comes easily and is deeper in a moisture-controlled environment. Day or night, breathing will be easier.
- Save Money, and Wear, on Air Conditioners. Whole-house dehumidifiers help you reduce electricity costs in two ways. First, air conditioners work overtime to cool moister air. Drier air allows the air conditioner to run for less frequent and shorter cycles. Second, drier air feels cooler than damp air of the same temperature, meaning that you require less air conditioning to feel comfortable. Homeowners using whole-house dehumidifiers often find they can set their home thermostats at higher temperatures and still achieve the same level of comfort. With fewer demands placed on the equipment, drier air reduces wear and tear.
Getting Whole-House Dehumidifiers in Westfield
Mister Quik Home Services is a leading supplier of whole-house dehumidifiers in Westfield and the surrounding areas. We install only the best products. Installation typically requires only a few hours. Our technicians are EPA certified and thoroughly understand the effect of indoor air quality on human health. Our techs will describe the features of the equipment we offer, including the Aprilaire 1830/70 Pint Basement Pro Dehumidifier (designed for smaller homes), and the Aprilaire 1850/95 Pint Basement Pro Dehumidifier (intended for whole-home dehumidification).
Telephone Today for Whole-House Dehumidifiers in Westfield
Call Mister Quik now for a consultation on whole-house dehumidifiers in Westfield. We will install your new dehumidifier quickly and efficiently at the best price. Rely on the experienced professionals at Mister Quik for a quality installation of your dehumidifier. Breathe easier with drier and healthier air today!