Greenwood Furnace Maintenance Services
A furnace works very hard in the cold winter months and does more than provide heat. It protects against certain harmful airborne particles and also ensures that the system’s airflow is properly regulated. Regularly scheduled furnace maintenance can help to ensure that the unit is functioning properly during the long, cold Greenwood winter.
Regular furnace maintenance is performed by professional technicians as a preventative measure against breakdowns and wear and tear. The professionals at Mister Quik Home Services perform inspections and furnace tune-up services for the system. When required maintenance is performed promptly, it will save the homeowner money and ensure that the residents can have peace of mind knowing they will stay warm.
Signs of Furnace Malfunction
Many homeowners do not know the signs that a furnace has problems, and other times the system may not show any signs there is an issue about to occur. There may be clues to an issue, but these clues may not point to a problem in the furnace. Below is a list of occurrences that show there is a problem with the unit:
- Standing water around the furnace
- Condensation collection around ductwork
- A peculiar smell from the registers when the furnace is turned on
- Strange noises, such as hissing or scraping
- Utility bills increase
What Does the Annual Maintenance Include?
The professional HVAC technicians at Mister Quik Home Services take furnace maintenance seriously. During the maintenance appointment, they will inspect, tune-up, and repair the entire heating system, including the following elements:
- System controls, such as safety and thermostat controls
- Ventilation system, including air filters
- Condensation levels
If any problems are detected during the appointment, the homeowners will be notified immediately. If possible, the technician will repair it during the visit.
Electric Furnace versus Gas Furnace Maintenance
The main difference between a gas and electric furnace is the energy source used. However, several extra inspections must be conducted to ensure that the gas furnace is operating safely. Inspecting the gas lines is the first step; however, our technicians take it one step further and analyze the gas combustion levels. Energy levels also referred to as dissipation levels, are the amount of heat lost while the furnace is in operation. Each manufacturer has its maximum efficiency levels, around 85%. When the furnace is in operation at 85%, the other 15% is exhaust produced by the natural gas. Most all new furnaces can reach up to 95% efficiency.
Benefits of Regular Furnace Maintenance
There are many benefits for Greenwood residents to schedule annual maintenance besides maintaining the manufactures warranty and staying warm. Below are a few of those benefits.
- Decreased Energy Bill. Regularly maintained furnaces can save owners a substantial amount of money on their utility bills. The exact amount of saving depends on several things, including insulation, windows, and the size of the home.
- Improved Air Quality. The furnace heating system functions by removing air from the home and filtering it through the system. This filtration catches pollen, pet dander, and other pollutants and releases cleaner air back into the home. Replacing the air filter promptly will ensure that the system keeps these pollutants out of the home.
- Safety. Carbon monoxide can be dangerous, and furnaces produce this gas. It is designed to expel the harmful gas out of the home through an exhaust pipe. By performing regular maintenance, the chances of unnoticed leaks being caught increases.
- Less Risk of Breakdowns. As with any mechanical machine, parts will get worn and need replacing. Our knowledgeable technicians are trained to determine what is necessary and what parts can wait to be replaced. This detailed inspection will detect potential damage before it becomes serious, thus limiting the chance of a breakdown.
- Extended Furnace Life. A furnace is an expensive investment. Most come with a ten-year warranty as long as the regular maintenance is performed; however, a well-maintained furtherance system will last much longer, an average of 15 to 20 years.
Greenwood community residents depend on Mister Quik Home Services for heating, cooling, and plumbing system repair, replacement, and inspections. Our expert technicians are EPA certified and have passed strenuous background checks. All of our services are backed by a 100% service guarantee. We want to ensure that our customers are comfortable and pleased with our technicians and services.