Whole-House Dehumidification in Greenfield
Summer in Greenfield encourages residents to relax, exercise, learn and seek adventure outdoors. Inviting weather is a welcome respite after a damp and overcast winter. But, summer weather brings its own trials, for these months mean high humidity. High humidity reduces indoor air quality, induces ill health, and diminishes your quality of life. High humidity may even affect the structural integrity of your home.
Ideal Interior Humidity Level
Homeowners desiring to beat that humidity turn to Mister Quik Home Services. Bring comfort back to the great indoors, day and night! The EPA recommends a 30-50% indoor humidity level. The average August humidity in Greenfield exceeds 70%.
How Does Whole-House Dehumidification Work?
A whole-house dehumidifier uses a fan to pull humid, warm air over a cold coil, condensing the resulting moisture vapor into a liquid form that is drained off. Dehumidified air circulates within the home in the place of heavy, humid air. Residents are more comfortable and find it easier to breathe. The system automatically monitors and adjusts air moisture content to maintain a constant, comfortable level. Homeowners will immediately enjoy drier, more breathable air, knowing their indoor air is no longer a breeding ground for mold, allergens, and other undesirables that undermine human health.
Advantages Over Portable Dehumidifiers
Portable units may initially be less expensive but have disadvantages. First, someone must carry them from room to room. Second, homeowners must empty portable devices or use them in proximity to a drain. Third, room dehumidifiers do not provide a whole-house solution. But, there is a convenient and efficient alternative: a whole-house dehumidification system is silent, out of sight, and requires virtually no maintenance.
Advantages of Whole House Dehumidifiers
Whole-house dehumidifiers transform every room in your home, creating a uniform, comfortable, and healthier air. A whole-house dehumidifier provides these benefits:
- Reduce or Prevent Mold, Mildews, and Bacteria. Mold thrives on moisture, and high humidity indoors leads to the propagation of mold spores and the growth of mildew and bacteria. Science has associated mold presence with serious health problems. Mold can cause and exacerbate asthma, allergies, respiratory distress, and sinus infections, and may trigger even more serious medical issues. Because mold thrives in the damp and dark, homeowners can keep mold from gaining a foothold by reducing indoor humidity.
- Reduce Dust Mites and Other Infestations. Microscopic dust mites thrive in humid habitats and are a common cause of year-round allergies and asthma. Humid conditions attract many other undesirable insects. Maintaining a constant, low indoor humidity level creates a hostile environment for them.
- Maintain Structural Soundness. The skeleton, and much of the interior finish, of most homes, is wood, and excessive humidity may diminish the integrity of that wood. Wooden cabinetry, shelving, floors, windows, trim, doors, and furniture may warp from excess moisture.
- Enhance Your Quality of Life. Whole-house dehumidifiers reduce or eliminate damp odors that cling to carpet, curtains, and linens. The home and everything inside will smell cleaner and fresher. Use scents to enhance the quality of life rather than mask unpleasant odors. Sleep comes more readily and is deeper in a moisture-controlled environment. Day or night, breathing will be easier.
- Save Money and Wear on Air Conditioners. Whole-house dehumidifiers help reduce electricity costs in two ways. First, air conditioners work overtime to cool moister air. Drier air allows the air conditioner to run less frequently and for shorter cycles. Second, drier air feels cooler than a damp air of the same temperature, meaning that you require less air conditioning to feel comfortable. Homeowners using whole-house dehumidifiers often find they can set their thermostats at higher temperatures and achieve the same comfort level. With fewer demands placed upon the equipment, dehumidified air reduces wear and tear.
Getting Whole-House Dehumidifiers
Mister Quik Home Services is a leading supplier of whole-house dehumidifiers in Greenfield, IN. We install only the best products. Installation typically requires only a few hours. Our technicians are EPA certified and thoroughly understand the effect of indoor air quality on human health. Our techs will describe the features of the equipment we offer, including the Aprilaire 1830/70 Pint Basement Pro Dehumidifier (designed for smaller homes), and the Aprilaire 1850/95 Pint Basement Pro Dehumidifier (intended for whole-home dehumidification).
Telephone Today for Whole-House Dehumidifiers in Greenfield, IN
Call Mister Quik now for a consultation on whole-house dehumidifiers in Greenfield, IN. We will install your new dehumidifier quickly and efficiently at the best price. Rely on the experienced professionals at Mister Quik for a quality installation of your dehumidifier. Breathe easier with drier and healthier air today!