Dryer Vent Cleaning Services in Beech Grove, Indiana
Most people don’t give much thought to their dryers even while they’re in the act of doing laundry. They’re more worried about sorting, loading, and folding than they are about how well the dryer is performing unless, of course, something goes wrong. That lack of attention can lead to serious consequences if homeowners don’t schedule regular dryer vent cleaning. As lint begins to collect, it clogs the vent, leading to a potentially dangerous buildup of heat.
Smaller maintenance tasks like making sure the lint trap is clean after every load of laundry don’t replace the need for comprehensive dryer vent cleaning in Beech Grove, Indiana. The good news is, homeowners don’t need to tackle this essential task themselves. They can call the experts at Mister Quik Home Services to schedule a professional cleaning with a trained, experienced, and fully insured technician.
When to Clean Dryer Vents
Experts recommend having the dryer vent cleaned annually regardless of how many loads of laundry get run through the appliance. Yearly cleaning may not be enough for households with many residents who do a lot of laundry, though. In those cases, it’s important to keep an eye out for signs that the vent may be clogged. Those signs include:
- Extended drying cycles
- Clothes that feel hot to the touch when the dryer finishes its cycle
- Exterior surfaces of the appliance that feel hot to the touch
- An exterior vent flapper that only opens partially
- A vent flapper that fails to open at all
If any of these signs are present, it usually means the vent is blocked by lint or debris. Ignoring the problem will only make it worse, and it could pose a safety risk. Call Mister Quik to schedule a dryer vent cleaning in Beech Grove, Indiana as soon as possible.
How Dryer Vent Cleaning Works
Every time a resident puts in a load of laundry to dry, it creates lint. Most of the lint gets stuck in the lint trap, which is why users must clean it every time they use the dryer. Cleaning the lint trap reduces the amount of lint able to enter the vent, but it won’t eliminate it completely. Some particles will still get through the mesh to collect along the dryer vent’s walls.
Dryer vents are long ducts that route the hot air from the appliance outside instead of releasing it into the laundry room. Cleaning them requires specialized tools and a knowledge of how to use them, so it’s important for homeowners to call for help when it’s time for annual or supplemental dryer vent cleaning. While handy homeowners may be able to remove some of the built-up lint and debris themselves, the pros at Mister Quik will get rid of all of it.
Each technician is equipped with a flexible, rotating brush and a specialized vacuum that make it possible to reach farther into the vent. Mister Quik also provides technicians with ongoing training in how to use the equipment properly and how to conduct tests with digital airflow meters when they are finished to ensure that the duct is free from lint and debris.
Scheduling annual professional dryer vent cleaning in Beech Grove, Indiana won’t just save residents time and aggravation. It will also help to keep the family safe. Every year, there are over 15,000 dryer-related fires, and many of these fires occur due to blocked vents. Don’t let that happen.
Benefits of Regular Dryer Vent Cleaning in Beech Grove, Indiana
There are far more benefits to scheduling regular dryer vent cleaning than just alleviating fire risks. They include:
- Improved Dryer Performance. Dryers with clean vents perform more efficiently. They don’t take as long to get clothes completely dry, which saves residents time and their clothes a good deal of wear and tear.
- Cost Benefits. Having a more efficient dryer means homeowners will spend less on electricity for every load of laundry. For large families, those cost savings can really add up over the course of the year.
- Less-Frequent Repairs. An efficient dryer will also be less prone to mechanical breakdowns due to extreme wear. If the dryer is working efficiently, it will be able to run fewer cycles to get the clothes dry. That shorter run time means less likelihood of needing repairs due to overuse.
- Extended Lifespan. More-efficient dryers don’t just require fewer repairs, they also last longer. Given that a dryer is a serious investment, that longer useful lifespan translates to even more savings.
Trust the HVAC Professionals With Dryer Vent Cleaning
Don’t settle for less when it comes to service. Trust the HVAC experts at Mister Quik Home Services to provide exceptional service and professional results. Call to schedule a convenient time for one of their technicians to clean the vent thoroughly and efficiently.