Dehumidification Services & Contractors in Avon, IN
Summer in Avon encourages residents to relax, exercise, learn and seek adventure outdoors. Inviting weather is a welcome respite after a damp and overcast winter. But summer weather brings its own trials, as these months mean high humidity. High humidity reduces indoor air quality, induces ill health, and diminishes your quality of life. High humidity may even affect the structural integrity of your home.
Homeowners desiring to beat that humidity turn to Mister Quik Home Services. Bring comfort back to the great indoors, day and night!
How Does Whole-House Dehumidification Work?
A whole-house dehumidifier uses a fan to pull humid, warm air over a cold coil, condensing the resulting moisture vapor into a liquid form that is drained off. Dehumidified air circulates within the home in the place of heavy, humid air. Residents are more comfortable and find it easier to breathe. The system automatically monitors and adjusts air moisture content.
Homeowners will immediately enjoy the benefits of drier, more comfortable air, knowing their indoor air is no longer a breeding ground for mold, allergens, and other undesirables that undermine human health.
Advantages Over Portable Dehumidifiers
Portable units may be less expensive initially, but those small appliances have disadvantages. First, someone must carry them from room to room. Second, portable dehumidifiers do not provide a whole-house solution. Third, homeowners must empty portable devices or use them in proximity to a drain.
But, there is a more convenient and efficient alternative. With whole-house dehumidification, the system is silent, out of sight, and requires virtually no maintenance by the homeowner.
Advantages of Whole-House Dehumidifiers in Avon, IN
Whole-house dehumidifiers transform every room in your home, leading to more uniform, comfortable, and healthier air, and a healthier you. A whole-house dehumidifier provides these benefits.
- They Reduce or Prevent Mold, Mildews, and Bacteria. Mold thrives on moisture, and high humidity indoors leads to the propagation of mold spores and the growth of mildew and bacteria. Science has associated mold presence with serious health problems. Mold can cause and exacerbate asthma, allergies, respiratory distress, and sinus infections, and may trigger even more serious medical issues. Because mold thrives in the damp and dark, homeowners can keep mold from gaining a foothold by reducing indoor humidity.
- Dehumidifiers Reduce Dust Mites and Other Infestations. Microscopic dust mites thrive in humid habitats and are a common cause of year-round allergies and asthma. Humid conditions attract many other undesirable insects. Maintaining a constant, low indoor humidity level creates a hostile environment for them.
- They Help Maintain Structural Soundness. The skeleton, and much of the interior finish, of most homes, is wooden, and excessive humidity may diminish the integrity of that wood. Wooden cabinetry, shelving, floors, windows, trim, doors, and furniture may warp from excess moisture.
- Dehumidifiers Enhance Your Quality of Life. Whole-house dehumidifiers reduce or eliminate damp odors that cling to carpet, curtains, and linens. The home and everything inside will smell cleaner and fresher. Homeowners might use scents to enhance their quality of life rather than to mask unpleasant odors. Sleep comes more readily and is deeper in a moisture-controlled environment. Day or night, breathing will be easier.
- They Save Money and Wear on Air Conditioners. Whole-house dehumidifiers help reduce electricity costs in two ways. First, air conditioners work overtime to cool moister air. Drier air allows the air conditioner to run for less frequent and shorter cycles. Second, drier air feels cooler than a damp air of the same temperature, meaning that you require less air conditioning to feel comfortable. Homeowners using whole-house dehumidifiers often find they can set their thermostats at higher temperatures and achieve the same comfort level. With fewer demands placed on the equipment, dehumidified air reduces wear and tear.
Getting Whole-House Dehumidifiers in Avon, IN
Mister Quik Home Services is a leading supplier of whole house dehumidifiers in Avon. We install only the best products, and the installation typically requires only a few hours. Our technicians are EPA certified and thoroughly understand the effect of indoor air quality on human health. Our techs will describe the features of the equipment we offer, including the Aprilaire 1830/70 Pint Basement Pro Dehumidifier (designed for smaller homes) and the Aprilaire 1850/95 Pint Basement Pro Dehumidifier (intended for whole-home dehumidification).
Telephone Today for Whole-House Dehumidifiers in Avon, IN
Call Mister Quik now for a consultation on whole-house dehumidifiers in Avon. We will install your new dehumidifier quickly and efficiently at the best price. Rely on the experienced professionals at Mister Quik for quality installation of your dehumidifier. Breathe easier with drier and healthier air today!